Greatworth Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Below, we are sharing a number of leaflets produced by Northamptonshire County Council and National Online Safety. All are in PDF format.
We are pleased to welcome Simon Aston from West Northants Online Safety Team to lead online safety sessions for parents and children on July 11th 2023. You can follow Simon Aston the Online Safety and Wellbeing Officer @NCCcybersafe.
We are promoting the NSPCC Keeping Children Safe Online which empowers parents to be knowledgeable and talk to their children about different games, apps and social networking sites. You can watch a video by Simon about the top 5 safety tips for parents here https://youtu.be/X9Htg8V3eik
There are great ways that families can keep children safe online. A family agreement is a great way to start a conversation as a whole family about how the internet should be used safely and responsibly when online at home, at school or at a friend's house. To support parents in creating a family agreement Childnet International have put together some free advice and a helpful family agreement template for families to use as a starting point. Please see these in the side panel. https://youtu.be/GUkAaLIIn4g
Further guidance can be found on the following website:
The booklet for parents is also available from our website as a download.
There is a website called The Parent Zone that has been launched by CEOP which gives extremely useful advice about all aspects of children’s safety both online and in school.
- 10 Top Tips - Remote Learning for Children
- 10 Top Tips - Remote Learning for Parents
- Age Ratings - Parents Guide
- esafety agreement ks1
- FIFA - Parents Guide
- Fortnite - Parents Guide
- Fortnite Chapter 2 - Parents Guide
- Live Streaming - Parents Guide
- Minecraft - Parents Guide
- NCC Online Safety - TikTok Key Facts
- NCC Online Safety Guide for Parents - Gaming Social Media
- Online Challenges - Parents Guide
- Roblox - Parents Guide
- Sadfishing - Parents Guide
- Screen Addiction - Parents Guide
- SnapChat - Parents Guide
- Suggested Apps for 11 to 14 Year Olds
- Suggested Apps for 7 to 11 Year Olds
- Suggested Apps for Early Years
- TikTok - Parents Guide
- WhatsApp - Parents Guide
- WhatsApp Guide
- YouTube - Parents Guide